Author Topic: Colour by Ronson  (Read 7738 times)

Ronson

• Facilitators
  • I feel, therefore I am real (sometimes)
    • View Profile
Colour by Ronson
« on: May 16, 2012, 02:04:37 pm »
I received a commission just recently and the parameters were that using the most active colours there are I was to paint two calming pictures. This can be done by diluting the hues with black or white or both and reducing the contrasting colours next to them.

Some people have a strange idea about artists. I wonder what would happen if some one came up to Rembrandt and asked him to paint a painting like Jackson Pollock. How about some one coming up to Vincent VanGogh and asked him to paint a painting like Monet. Artists styles are their own. When you know the style of the artist, you can recognize paintings done by them without having to have seen them before even when they are unsigned.

To view colour properly you need to take into account the colours beside them. The colours change with the change of the adjoining colours. There are many contrasts that give different effects like cold warm contrast, light dark contrast, contrast of hue, simultaneous contrast, contrast of opposites, contrast of saturation, and contrast of extension . I will show you how to see them at a later time. 

Contrast of Hue;

Contrast of Hue is the most obvious contrast. It is the difference of what we call colour (eg. red, blue, yellow, green, violet, orange, ...... The greatest contrast (or polar contrast) of hue is yellow, red, and blue the primary colours. Every hue there is can be made from mixing these hues together in different amounts. The greatest intensity of hue are the primary colours and the more the hues are mixed together the weaker the intensity becomes.White and black mixed with hues dulls them down even quicker.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 05:15:05 pm by Ronson »